In the world of luxury watches, Roger Dubuis’ models are known for their incredibly detailed design and wonderful blend in colors. The Excalibur Automatic Skeleton Carbon model is the embodiment of everything that Roger Dubuis stands for: elegance, manliness and details.
- The design
One of the first things you will notice about the Roger Dubuis Excalibur Automatic Skeleton is the design. A big part of the appeal of this watch is the incredibly detailed skeletonized design. Most luxury watches for men have implemented the idea of a skeleton look in their watches, but this particular model takes it to another level. If you look closely, you will see very thin light grey lines and shapes on the edges of the watch which emphasize its look. The triangle shaped edges also have a purpose in the overall design. They make the edges look like a car tire, which the vast majority of men will appreciate. Overall, this watch focuses on delivering a manly product with a skeletonized look which although quite simple (the watch only displays the hour, the minute and the time), it is very detailed and will always be noticed by all those around you.
- Other perks
Besides the design, the Roger Dubuis Excalibur Automatic Skeleton Carbon model has the following advantages:
- The molded carbon case makes the entire watch much lighter. At the same time, there are fewer parts to be included in the watch since it only shows the hour, minute and second so it is much lighter than previous versions.
- This model is the only one designed for men and only for men. The Roger Dubuis Excalibur has many women’s watches as well, but this one is the only one launched and designed for men only.
- The red arrows placed on the hands of the watch make it easier to follow the time despite the skeletonized look.
- When it comes to details about the design, the makers of this watch went as far as including thin light grey lines on the skeletal design as well. This not only emphasizes the manly look of the watch, it also illustrates the craftsmanship and the detailing that goes into making this watch.
- Currently, this watch is the cheapest one in the Excalibur series, with an estimated price of a little over $64,000. While this is by no means cheap, when you take a look at all the details and the overall look of the watch, it is definitely worth it.